For our organisation to be successful, we need people as well as money.
YOU CAN HELP by becoming a HAPPA Ambassador.
This is a voluntary position with as much or as little responsibility as you feel able to cope with. Whether you can offer just a few hours now and then or prefer to follow a more structured approach, full training will be given and expenses will be offered.
Our Ambassadors meet on a regular basis to discuss progress, generate new ideas and share experiences and we want each and every supporter, who chooses to offer their time to HAPPA to feel valued and to enjoy the experience.
Our Ambassadors are more than just volunteers, they manage projects, promote the organisation, raise vital funds and use special skills to enable us to provide a cost effective service to save all equines suffering cruelty and neglect.
- Becoming a HAPPA speaker at a range of venues
- Hosting or assiting with fundraising events
- Offering specialist photography skills to assist with promotional activities
- Providing a display for a HAPPA event
- Offering instruction or being a guest speaker at an educational event
- Providing entertainment at a fundraising event
- Assisting with admin duties
- Using IT skills to assist with on line shops and sales
- Using retail skills to present merchandise in our Visitor Centre shop
- Providing training in a range of disciplines
- Providing support for our Tommy Trotter Club and all Junior HAPPA events
- Serving at either of our Visitor’s Centres
- Gardening or maintenance at the Centre
HAPPA also need Ambassadors with special knowledge and expertise to join the Board of Directors. Volunteers who would like to be considered do need to become members first before being eligible for election, but if you have business/management experience, a financial background, veterinary experience or any other relevant skills, then we would very much like to meet you.
Contact HAPPA HQ on 01282 455992 for an application pack or download the Volunteering Application Form.