Report Cruelty / Neglect
HAPPA- ACTION AGAINST CRUELTY – HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
PLEASE NOTE THAT HAPPA OPERATE IN 18 COUNTIES ACCROSS THE NORTH OF ENGLAND, SO IT MAY NOT ALWAYS BE POSSIBLE THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND YOUR LOCATION.
If you have concerns about an equine then HAPPA may be able to help if you follow the procedure set out below. PLEASE NOTE that if you are in any doubt whether or not your call is important to us please be reassured that we would rather attend a complaint where we find no cause for concern rather than risk leaving an equine that needs our help.
- Make sure you have a good description of the field or building you have seen the equine in.
- Take note of the date and time you saw the equine.
- Make a note of useful landmarks.
- If you don’t know the exact address make sure you have the road or street name.
- Give a good description of the equine as is possible i.e. colour, height, does it have a rug or head collar on?
- Give details of what the complaint relates to – is the equine suffering in any way? Does it have long feet? Is it under-nourished? Is it injured or lame?
- Call the HAPPA Head Office on 01282 455992 and explain that you wish to speak to someone about equine suffering. You may be given advice from the team or this may be passed to a HAPPA Equine Inspector to investigate.
- You will be asked to leave a name and contact number should the HAPPA Equine Inspector wish to speak with you further. This will not be given out to anyone else but it is vital to HAPPA operations. WE CANNOT TAKE ANONYMOUS PHONE CALLS.
Your complaint will be investigated by a HAPPA Equine Inspector and you can contact the office to find out the progress of such, or request a return phone call from the investigating officer.
IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS FOR WELFARE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US – YOU COULD SAVE A LIFE.